What should you follow up with Cambodian Culture?
- When you walk between two Cambodian talking, bow a little of your body as you across them
- When you sit, women must sit knees bent and legs to the side.
- Cambodians holding hands are considered friendship and not gays (Do like that mean they are so friendly)
- Always greet your guest by a drink or place fruit or snacks for them if they are coming over to your home.
- When you are the bride and groom, at your wedding both families greet and welcome their friends and everyone.
- When you are engaged or married, sit bending your knees on the side and look down and not straight at your family in law (the parents) because it is respectful to do so.
- It is honorable for a woman to be able to cook meals and do everything in kitchen.
- When you get into Temple r Pagoda you have to take off your hat, drive bicycle or motorcycle slowly keep quiet.
- You have to take off your shoes before getting into someone house.
- You have to take off your shoes before getting into the Pagoda building or get into the monk.
- Respect Cambodian elders, they are older than and had more experiences in life than most
- You have to call monks “Preah Dekjakun” or “Dekjakun”
- You have to take your both hands together when you speak or listen to the monks.
- You have to reply to monks by using the word “kyom konaa” or “ko na
- You have to dress to cover most of your body when you go to a temple or Pagoda.
- When you come across a monk by the way, you have to take off your hat.
- You have to take your both hands together when you visit someone house.
Cambodian culture does not love to do these
- Do not rub or touch a Cambodian’s head. It is consider the most important part of the body and it is strictly
- Don’t walks pass over a person’s feet
- Don’t use your feet to point at someone.
- Don’t start to eat when you are a guest at the dinner table before your host has taken a bite.
- Don start to eat before the elder persons.
- Don’t pick your teeth while eating.
- Don’t burp while eating.
You Might Also Like This
Angkor Wat Ticket Prices Increase since 1st February 2017
Cambodia International Flight Schedules
Cambodia Domestic Flight
Cambodia Destination Distance
Cambodia Visa Application
Useful Contacts – Emergency Contact
How to Phone to Cambodia
Siem Reap International Airport
Get in & Get out Cambodia
Admission Fees to Angkor Temples